Whether you intend to travel by sea, air or road to Cosses Country House in South West Scotland, we hope you will find the following links and information helpful.
Driving Directions to Cosses Country House
From either the north or south take the A77 coast road to Ballantrae. If arriving from the north go through Ballantrae, over the River Stinchar, then take the first left (caravan sign). Cosses Country House is 2 miles on the right at the top of the hill. Descend along the drive into the hidden valley. From the south approach the village and turn right before the 30mph signs – then as above.
Driving from England and the south takes approximately 2½ hours from Gretna Green along the A75, then A77.
There is ample safe parking area at Cosses, which is suitable for Vintage Cars and Motorbikes.
We also have an Electric Vehicle Charger at Cosses:
- Homcharge Functions – Type 2 Socket
- 30A Homecharge Unit
- Power = 7kW
- Current = 30A
- Output charging connector Type 2 – IEC 62196-2 Type 2
View Larger Map for a close up look at the area around Ballantrae.
Places to Stop and Enjoy en Route
Also en route on the A75 at Carsluith Castle is Marrbury Smokehouse – the best smoked salmon in Scotland and a great place for a bite to eat or collect a picnic.
Ballantrae now has a lovely garden centre and café where you can enjoy great views out to sea.
Airports and Seaports nearby
- Prestwick Airport – 1 hours drive
- Glasgow Airport – 2 hours drive
- Stena Line – Cairnryan/Belfast (within 20mins of Cosses)
- P&O – Cairnryan/Larne (within 20mins of Cosses)
- CalMac – Island ferries to Arran & Bute
- Car Hire – from airport and ferry terminals
Places to Stay
We recommend Wolsey Lodges.